Saturday, April 18, 2009

Journey

Hi frenz ! returned frm home ! had a f9 journey up contrary to the one down !Yet I wont say it was bad although . SKG's extra classes saturday early morning till 10:15(2&1/2 hrs) deadlocked the brain completely venting only the pune-LKO Superfast ! (was right time!) With a wierd idea of going home ,Id packed up before class.No-one of course ! was to accompany me to such a mis-scheduled trip,n that too 11:00 A.M. train ! College at one end..at the KNP highway and station at the other ..time to cross 1+ hr. ! and me catching the train after d classes seemed impossible ! But ...... So what did I think of myself? Extra smart ya over smart? I guess I needed more options to answer the same ! I ran with the bag+ laptop handling ppl the keys..thru the hostel gate with guard bhaiya"" Arre ! Entry !!" and me .." HO gai bhaiya !!"(the ppl later did that ! ) Chasing the hot sun; no auto in the scene ,dialled the guard at the central gate for an auto checking watch everytime..all through the 1&1/2 km......dead and dried ! " Achcha !! aapne hee......nahin! koi auto nahin !" I marched furthur...no auto ! the ones appeared had no scope ! I was tired walking ! 10:40 already !,I had to ....home..my nani's operation ! was awaiting an auto ! needed helicopter but ! .......... And just then ! a bike slowed down near me ! I could nothing but blankly stare at him , the Uncleji ! my instant reaction :
"" Ji... aap kahan ja re ?"
" Uncle: " main jhansi ...jhansi ja raha hoon main"...now what kinda reply was that? jhansi mey rehke jhansi ja ra hoon?anyway ...  
Me: " ji main bhot der se yahan khadi hoon..meri train hai 11:10 pe chali jayegi..aap plz mujhe station tak....i urgently need to..."...I bla'd out hastily sounding as bechari as i could ! He took his time(Oh no !..I was like jaldi haan bolo yaar ! )
Uncle:'"college se aa rahi ho...chalo achcha baitho !"
Relieved ! though not at the watch sight I sat managing the lappy n the bag ! He tturned out to be an OK driver .I was like 30 mins ! tough task !! C'mon roadie ! felt like start/stop watching him ..but didn't out of courtesy ! Wondering if I could catch the train !...while counting trees,dividers & speed breakers + the traffic jam ...which no aauto could ever have...... ! I felt like patting him....I did not ! felt like thanking him..I did not ! sitting on bike ....@ boyfriend , a generous brother or any other ...such thoughts had their share of time till it got closer .Felt uneasy with the shrinking time..(11:10 already !)...n damn his phone calls ! slowing the velocity . Even he started glaring at the watch ...n finally could say ,
"Aap shayad der se nikali thi ....'
me: " Arre wo kya hai na ke."................. the only talk between us !!

At last ! the station ! (@ 11:15) I wonder if he was feeling proud of himself ! ...
" Aap auto se itni jaldi nahin aa pati....."
and then !!! " Suno !! apna Number....."
  I had no time to even lie ! I smiled + thanked + ran!!....slowed a bit only to see the expected time (11:20)...then over the bridge .."the PUNE-LKO is arriving shortly at....'
so I had time to breathe ! I clutched TC for the tickets..I didnt have it ..and ma goodness!! he ticketed me for a sleeper S9 with absolutely no fair !! not even general !...no extra money ! nothing !! @ his act of kindness!! I confirmed again...he said no! I really had no clue to what had happened until when it horned ..ppl shuffled and TC disappeared ! I got into and could well guess the waiting list !
Me trying to settle ..amidst the akeli -ladki nonsense ...fokat mey ppl offering you seats and tutoring you.." Aap yahan samaan rakhiye..wahaan rakh dijiye !..laiye main ......! ..grinning like monkeys ...Bloody heck !! what is to you man!!!let my luggage go to hell ! Why dont you just shut-up and sit-down??Better help others who may need it..I can do it myself ! Trying to be extra familiar ,staring-scanning you like hell ! such things even more annoy you when you are not even a pinch of Aishwarya Rai ! I took my things and generalising that everywhere it would be the same ..walked off to the entrance !What could I do now ?? ofcourse nothing !!placed bags somewhere with ma head approaching the charger point ;seeking appeasation from the business magazine ..I was holding ! couldnt much stand along ! moved in the very first compartment and a lady ........to let me carry on with the magazine... Nothing eventful through out xcept the entry of two cool passengers at the further station who were quite entertaining ! Bhai came to receive me I was expecting him as usual .."Tum fir aa gayi ! abhi toh gayi thi !!tumhare college mey kuch padhai-vadhai nahin hoti ?"....Nah ! he didnt ..instead he smiled " late ho gayi yaar train toh !!" and then bike again !! ha ha ha ...I like it ..I also like the way to gomtinagar ...I like home n I like ma granny....I bent against the bed to touch her feet,the operationed leg..no ! I did not like that. at LKO ,twice to ganj.. to a friend..and roamed @ fun mall  .had invited some CE frenz for lunch who' d c ome to LKO for a course !

thats it ...
regards ,
astha

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mast journey thi yar...extra attention mil raha tha...n still u r complaining!!!!...uffff...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder miss Sheesha to be....:):)

    ReplyDelete